Mom's Weekend Harvest

Here's a few of my Mom's harvest during the weekend. Her garden inspired me a lot to have my own too, this is a way of saying "thanks Mom!".  She delights on the comments about her garden and she says she appreciates everybody who dropped a comment. Just a few tidbits, my Mom used to be a finance manager of a company and now she's retired and enjoying the simple pleasures of vegetable gardening.



Just one of the ripe papaya fruits from one of the prolific trees. This one is quite small, just weighing below a kilo. The bigger ones are off to the market, some weighing to almost 2 kilos.


This is one of the okra plants from her garden. She gives me some okras every other 2 days, which I enjoy boiling over a little water and dipping into fish sauce and calamansi (also from her garden!). You know what, i just relaized that we are getting self sufficient (sort of :)) in terms of our vegetable consumptions. Harvests from her garden are are get to be eaten together as in the okra and calamansi for dipping.



A few okra, love love love!



3 comments:

mat jon said...

i bet it taste good as it looks

Krishna101380 said...

@mat jon: yes it does, thank you! I wish you a nice gardening day today!

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Oh wow your mother's okra is really prolific.
May I know which variety that is?
Love that yellow papaya.

Post a Comment