Mission: Grow My First Ever Vegetable Container Garden

I love vegetables, i really do!



The thing is, that I live in a place with very limited space for growing plants. I have experienced growing vegetables when i was in grade school and has always longed for one of my own. I remember planting tomatoes, cucumber, and lettuce. Oh the joy of showing off to my mom the fruits of toiling the soil! So, i decided now that I have a daughter to share that joy and pass on the love of vegetables and gardening to her.

I started reading about container gardening and this would be perfect for the living space I have. It turns out that you can grow your own veggies in small containers be it pots, recycled pet bottles and even old basins. I figure that this will allow me to have a portable garden that can give me fresh vegetables all year round. There are many advantages to container gardening. One is that you can control the soil and drainage. It will be much easier to have nice soil when potting it in containers than when you are tilling the ground. This will also makes it harder for pest to infest your plants.  Also, you can put your container gardens where they'll have good amount of sunlight and even move them around to follow the sun.

Of course, before I start a container garden, I understand that there's a lot more to it than just buying seeds, sticking them to a pot, leave them and after a month expect a good and bountiful harvest. Vegetable container gardening does not take a lot of time but it does requires you to pay a certain amount of attention on a daily basis. 

Now, I'm ready to commit! Stay tuned as I share my experience as i grow my first ever vegetable garden. I am excited and would love to hear your suggestion, comments, advice or words of encouragement for someone so new to this. 

2 comments:

mat jon said...

yeah..thats the spirit..there is no right or wrong in gardening. just do it and soon you will discover the beauty the art of gardening ;)

Krishna101380 said...

Thank you @mat jon... visiting yours and other garden bloggers' pages gives me so much inspiration. I think that blogging are for, as one friend puts it, "for sharing and giving information" so as one would learn. thank you friends for inspiring me to enjoy the beauty of gardening and to live healthier by growing organic.

Post a Comment